Spotlight: Senior Center
The Senior Center of Rainier opened in 1976. It became a 501(c3) organization in 1977 and has been serving lunch to seniors for over 40 years. Our founders have passed on, but their Legacy lives.
The Senior Center of Rainier is a Multi-Purpose Center that serves other groups as well as senior citizens.
- Lunches are $5.00 for members & $7.00 for non-members. The Senior Center sells lunch cards for $25.00 that have 6 lunches on them. Lunches are complete meals, including beverages, main course & desserts. You can find their monthly menu on their website at: http://rainierseniorcenternews.blogspot.com/
- They have BINGO on the 3rd Monday of each month at 10:00 AM - 11:20 AM. Come join in the fun. Reuable BINGO cards are 3/$1.00. Sonja's Cafe donates a special dish on BINGO Monday. Thank you, Sonja & Gene!
- They have a lending library with books, DVD's and audio books.
- They also provide a mini-food bank which has other household items and clothing when donated to them.
- Their medical equipment bank has a variety of items that are loaned out to people in need.
- Rainier school groups & other non-profit groups, as well as civic groups use their building for their activities.
You can help support the Senior Center of Rainier when you shop on Amazon by using the Amazon Smile program. It costs you nothing. The Amazon Smile Link is at: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/91-0973941 Please share! Thanks!!!
The Seniors are pleased to let you know that Ebay also has a charity giving program through PayPal. Sellers can dontate a percentage of their sales to the Senior Center when listing their products. The Tenino Time Machine donates to the Senior Center through Ebay. Thank you Deni & Chris!
Many people and businesses support the Senior Center of Rainier.
Last year Lowe's provided enough paint & supplies to paint the inside of the building. Then the JZ Knight Humanities Foundation donated money to the center to have the outside of the building painted. (The foundation gave permission to let the center use the leftover money to have the upstairs painted, too.)
They've had monitary donations by small businesses & members of community. Recently a pool table, large clock, display cabinet, china cabinet, oak entertainment centers, TV's, DVD players, books appliances and a stacking washer & dryer set have all been donated to the center.
The Senior Center of Rainier is a great place to socialize with friends. We welcome everyone. Parents & grandparents are always welcome to bring children. Come join us for a special meal with your friends. The Senior Center of Rainier is the place to go for lunch on Mondays & Wednesdays. Hours are from 10 AM - 2 PM. Homemade soup is served at 11:30 AM. A homemade meal is served at 12:00 noon. Wholesome, nutricious meals like Mama used to cook!
Please feel free to call if you have any questions. The Senior Center of Rainier is located at 108 Michigan St. S, Rainier WA 98576. We are just off of HWY 507. Or email them at: email@example.com Join us for lunch!