Thursday, September 8, 2022
Monday, August 1, 2022
Dear Seniors & Friends,
It was so good to see so many of your shining faces today at the Senior Center! Thank you all for coming and sharing lunch with us. We appreciate your continued support!
Our lunch menu for August 2022 is ready to share & print. A special "Thank You" to Robbi Currey for getting it out at the last minute. I just sent her the list of menu items this afternoon for August's menu. Michael & Victoria picked quite a nice selection of menu items! Thank you all for creating this month's menu!
Thank you to everyone who volunteers in the kitchen! It takes a lot of work to get lunch ready for everyone. Many of the kitchen workers helped organize, prepare and paint the floors and bathrooms. Thank you all! We can do so much when we work together! Great job!!!
Thursday, July 21, 2022
Dear Seniors and Friends,
The good news is that the floor has been cleaned, prepped and painted. It looks nice. The bathrooms have been painted, too. They look good, also. Kevin Pettit did most of the painting. Kevin, Chris, Steve & Michael helped move everything out of the dining room and put everything back together again. It looks clean and is quite a transformation.
The newly painted floor is lighter than it was before. You'll see the difference at the end of the pictures.
We received a phone call from Thurston County Emergency Management, letting us know it''s supposed to be very hot next week. I let her know that we planned on being closed for lunch next week, while the smell of the paint dissipated, but since it's supposed to be in the 90's, so we will be open as a heating and cooling shelter. If you need shelter from the heat, please call me at (360) 292-5364 or George at (360) 292-5363. We will come down and open the Senior Center to give you relief from the heat.
I'm not sure what we'll serve for food and beverages. You're welcome to bring something to eat or share with other members. We'll manage one way or the other.
Linda & George
Friday, November 26, 2021
206 Thurston Co Rails-To-Trails
Rainier, WA 98576
Saturday, August 7, 2021
LET'S CELEBRATE RAINIER 2021!!!
Everyone is invited to be in the Rainier Round-up Days Parade.
There is no charge to be in the parade unless you're a politician and are campaigning.
You can pick up your application at City Hall, or drop off a filled out application there.
Application is below:
Friday, October 23, 2020
Wednesday, April 8, 2020
Spotlight: Senior Center
- Lunches are $5.00 for members & $7.00 for non-members. The Senior Center sells lunch cards for $25.00 that have 6 lunches on them. Lunches are complete meals, including beverages, main course & desserts. You can find their monthly menu on their website at: http://rainierseniorcenternews.blogspot.com/
- They have BINGO on the 3rd Monday of each month at 10:00 AM - 11:20 AM. Come join in the fun. Reuable BINGO cards are 3/$1.00. Sonja's Cafe donates a special dish on BINGO Monday. Thank you, Sonja & Gene!
- They have a lending library with books, DVD's and audio books.
- They also provide a mini-food bank which has other household items and clothing when donated to them.
- Their medical equipment bank has a variety of items that are loaned out to people in need.
- Rainier school groups & other non-profit groups, as well as civic groups use their building for their activities.
Dr. Terry L. Franks DC Dr Terry L. Franks graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in 1972. He specializes in chir...
Dear Friends, Tom & Ellie Arnbrister brought us some sign-up forms, so parents & grandparents can sign up for gifts for kids in ne...
LET'S CELEBRATE RAINIER 2021!!! Everyone is invited to be in the Rainier Round-up Days Parade. There is no charge to be in the parad...